hey team sS and whole30 challengers! yesterday kerry brought an amazing treat into the office for us. it is a recipe that was shared with her by her lovely sister in law. spiced golden milk
has gained popularity over the last few years among the paleo and juicing communities as a power packed beverage that can be enjoyed warm, over ice, or even mixed into a smoothie. it's delicious blend of fresh turmeric and ginger are great for controlling inflammation and promoting healthy digestion.
we adapted this recipe from reboot with joe
to use dates instead of honey to keep it whole30 complaint.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of clove, ground or 2 cloves
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender (this is only optional – if you don’t want to grate turmeric and ginger) or simply mix together in a saucepan.
- Simmer ingredients on the stove gently for 10 minutes. (kerry made it in her vitamix which heated it gently)
- Strain and drink!