click here to view a video bikram yoga's 'wind removing pose'
- massages the ascending and descending colons
- helps and prevents constipation and irritable bowel syndrome
- stimulates the liver, small and large intestine, and spleen
- improves flexibility of the hip joints and neck
- relieves lower back pain
- firms the abdomen, thighs and hips
- normalizes production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- reduces excess gas production
- palpates lymph nodes in groin and neck.
christine and i have very recently made a revolutionary discovery with clients that have more stubborn cases of acne.. which involves regular bowel movements!
check out this video with other helpful poses - in hindi - cool!
here's a video of exactly how food is processed within the magical human body. note that maximum nutrient assimilation occurs within the small intestine, which is where probiotics are most helpful.
everyone should have at least 1-3 bowel movements (BM's) a day, and chronic constipation is not only more common than you would think, but is a major factor in stubborn acne. ideally, the movements are, in christine's words, 'long and formed'. too hard and dry of a movement can signal dehydration, and too loose of a movement can signal unbalanced flora in the intestinal gut (bacterial infection - maybe you ate something bad?) or deficiency in fiber. click here for a link to a great article explaining the different types of poop
- and though at the end it says regular BM's are different for everybody, christine and i feel that at least 1x/day is optimal for skin clarity.
more on this topic in the next blog posts to come. but for now, watch this video and try integrating it into your mornings and evenings to see if it helps move things along! ;)